Red Scarf Revolution - For a change

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Scarf revolution is a new movement on EO, looking for a way to symbolize and stand for a Fair Play of EO.

4 posters

The reason people hack...

SirKaper
    SirKaper
    Trainer
    Trainer

Male
    Number of posts : 25
    Job/hobbies : Skater, Designer
    Humor : Quiet. Then sPoNtEnIoUs
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

The reason people hack... Empty The reason people hack...

Post by SirKaper Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:53 pm

We all know that the original reason the big hackers started is to be better than everyone else (greed, power).
    But also alot of newbs like to try new hacks, they feel a certain 'un-achievingness'.
    This is because gold is really hard to obtain, exp is really hard to get etc. Then they see really popular people with big buck$$$ and feel they need this too.

Well here's an idea that, if applied correctly, just *might* work;

We could all set-up a mass scheme to lower EO prices?
    It would take alot of perseverance, but it would have a small effect on newbs if they could get an oron for say.. 50k

I remember when i started things were fairly cheap... I felt set back and thought maybe thats quite expensive but i'll get there eventually.
    If I were just starting out now, I would be terrified by the prices... frosts 300k baru 2.8mill :O there's got to be a way to get these prices down!!!
    Amusing
    Amusing
    Red scarf
    Red scarf

Male
    Number of posts : 60
    Humor : Amusing.
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

The reason people hack... Empty Re: The reason people hack...

Post by Amusing Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Only way would be vult deleting all the gold.. There are bills out there from dupes, it would be impossible for us to do something.
    Zirota
    Zirota
    Trainer
    Trainer

Female
    Number of posts : 38
    Job/hobbies : Computers, Pixel Art, Drawing, Sleeping
    Humor : My type of Humor is when I act like an Idiot for other People's amusement. :3
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Post by Zirota Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:14 pm

Yeah that does make a lot of sense, I feel bad that someone new to the world of EO feel they need to cheat right off the back, though, it wouldn't be so bad if Vult-r actually was doing something to prevent Hackers/Scammers to begin with, I'm starting to wonder if he even knows how to talk to people anymore.

Anyways I'm off-topic somewhat, how would we begin to drive prices down though? I guess I'm not good at coming up with ideas. xP

Hmmm, I think it would involve us going around as a massive party though, could you imagine Two speeders going against Twenty of us going for Boss drops and such? Definitely would even our chances against them, I believe anyways...
    SirKaper
    SirKaper
    Trainer
    Trainer

Male

Post by SirKaper Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 pm

I meant a scheme as say... loads of us pretending to sell eachother stuff really cheap etc, over an amount of days/weeks, this would have to drive prices down... but also as different characters that nobody knows...
    SirKaper
    SirKaper
    Trainer
    Trainer

Male

Post by SirKaper Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:46 pm

And zirota thats an awesome idea lol, but it would involve arranging times that we all party together etc... but would certainly wipe that smirk of a speeders face!!

Lets say take the element of surprise.. Split into groups of 2 and go to different boss/drop areas looking for speeders, when we find some notify eachother and BAM, the speeders have all of us to deal with heehee Twisted Evil
    Ngget
    Ngget
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 22
    Job/hobbies : Student- Graphics & Art

Post by Ngget Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:14 am

SirKaper wrote:I meant a scheme as say... loads of us pretending to sell eachother stuff really cheap etc, over an amount of days/weeks, this would have to drive prices down... but also as different characters that nobody knows...

That actually does work. As long as you keep the price the same.
    The prices on test server used to be lovely. Oron 20k Orona 10-15k fires/frost 15-20k. I think the highest priced thing was like knob for 120k-ish...(besides 20mil for baru) er-off subject...

Yeah..so as long as we consistently do it we could probably lower the prices, but I mean it would take awhile too. You can't drop an item from like 200k down to 20k you'd probably have to do it in time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:34 pm